How to make PB2 taste better?

Is there anything I can add to the PB2 powdered peanut butter to make it taste like… well… Peanut butter?

From a formulation and a nut butter lover point of view, the stuff that’s missing from PB2’s powdered peanut butter (and many other powdered products that claim to be the real thing) is a vital ingredient.

In this case, it’s the fats. Peanuts and real peanut butter have 49% fat, PB2 just a fraction of that (less than 4g in 100g, or 4%).

I think it’ll be hard if not impossible to replicate this at home, but I would try mixing it with real, high quality unsalted grass fed butter, or alternatively with coconut oil.

Nut oils could work too, but may defeat the purpose of going for a powdered PB product in the first place.

Of course, by adding your own fats, you’ll also get the chance to use more high quality fats than normal peanuts have. OTOH using the real ingredients in their real form ensure you always get the good stuff.

That’s the reason I prefer 100% real-food based unsalted almond butter myself, and even prepare some with a high quality blender at times.

Instead of PB2 powder, have you tried just grinding your own peanuts into a fine powder and using that with a hint of oil? Tastes better, is more healthy and even way cheaper.

Some experts say that peanut butter is good for you because clinical studies have shown that people who eat nuts or peanuts have better heart health.
Peanut butter is one of the highest calorie spreads you can put on a sandwich. Although there is some variation between brands, peanut butter contains about 190 calories and 16 grams of fat per two tablespoon serving.

You’re right, several nuts are well known and researched for their health benefits, thanks to the unsaturated healthy fats, high quality plant based protein, and a whole host of other beneficial nutrients that fight heart disease, inflammation, hypertension, and even cancer.

There is also evidence that nuts can help lose weight without cutting calories.

“In conclusion, nuts are nutrient rich foods with wide-ranging cardiovascular and metabolic benefits, which can be readily incorporated into healthy diets.”